Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

How to change the default mjpg-name
By: PeterOt
Topics: 10
Added: 08/23/2012 - 09:28 PM

Dear all,
any idea how and where to change the default filename for a motion jpe stream which is "currentX.mjpg". Would be great if it could be "loading.mjpg" or so.
I am a little bit familiar with java and programming. Unfortunately other appl. on the PC can not handle a filename "current...".
I use Abelcam Pro Rel. 4.2.8

Thanks in advance
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/24/2012 - 04:15 AM

The names are hard-coded in both the AbelCam app and the java player that comes with AbelCam. It sounds like you are using something else ("other appl. on the PC") as the player, right? If that is the case...

Use the AbelCam Proxy (Configuration -> Proxy) to "alias" the mjpg stream(s).

Name: TEST (or anything you want)
Address: video.mjpg
Remote URL: http://localhost:8080/current0.mjpg

Now "current0.mjpg" will be served when client requests "video.mjpg".

Notes: Proxy feature is not available until you have turned on "I am an AbelCam Expert" in Configuration -> Options! The Address can be whatever you want. You can configure multiple proxy entries for current0.mjpg, current1.mjpg, and so on, as long as each one has a unique Name, Address and Remote URL. In the Remote URL, the "http://" part is mandatory - if you leave it out nothing will work. The port number I used (8080) is the default - use whatever port you have AbelCam webserver to run on.

See also:
Proxy online help
By: PeterOt
Topics: 10
Added: 08/24/2012 - 08:23 AM

Dear MelvinG,
many thanks for your prompt reply. Seems that the "proxy-configuration" can solve the problem. I'll check it out during the weekend.

Regards

Peter

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/24/2012 - 10:49 AM

Yes, if I understood your need correctly then it will definitely work. I tested it here before posting. Just make sure your read the "Notes" section of my post carefully to avoid traps Wink