Absolute positioning
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 07/12/2005 - 06:51 PM

please add your input about absolute positioning here
By: Pete
Topics: 52
Added: 08/05/2005 - 10:31 AM

I've now had the same problem 3 times, more of a problem with the tilt not going "down" enough
after a while. Each time I have tried to home the cam, or pan around (a neat feature in the
quick cam software is the demo) That didn't work. However I have booted the machine, or
have ripped the "head" of the cam base, and it seems to cure it. Does this help ?

I wonder if its possible to do a really hard reset like this via software.. ?

Pete
By: Pete
Topics: 52
Added: 08/08/2005 - 08:46 AM

Hi ! After a little more research, I found that opening the cam up and removing the reflective plastic
hemisphere under the transparent plastic cover has solved my problems. It seems that the camera
was having problems in tilting down and sometimes got stuck. Now (fingers crossed) the absolute
positioning works a lot better.

Pete
By: Jarkko
Topics: 0
Added: 08/18/2005 - 04:16 PM

How can I turn the whole absolute positioning off? I don't really need it and it causes that the camera does not turn right or left as far it can. For example the the horizontal position 31 is shown, but with however with logitech software it turns 1-3 steps more.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/18/2005 - 08:11 PM

you can't turn it off - but you can set different limits in your config.txt

Default values are:
Hmin = -31
Hmax = 31
Vmin = -11
Vmax = 11

increase 31 by 1-3 steps if your camera has different limits.
By: GillesR
Topics: 0
Added: 02/23/2006 - 08:48 PM

From Pete:
Hi ! After more testing of how the camera moves either with logisphere, or just using the
quick assistant window, I have come to the conclusion that at least in the cam I have, the motion
control doesn't give a linear angular motion per step. Sometimes it will move a little sometimes
a lot. As the logisphere program counts the steps it's made and can only assume they are constant,
but my cam doesn't, the absolute or relative positioning sometimes doesn't get it right.
Changing the step delay in logisphere doesn't seem to have an impact. Homing sometimes jams a
little and have to do it twice...

I found an interesting link:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/thread12298.html

Does anyone else see this problem I am wondering ?

Pete

I've got the same pb.
with a Logitech QuickCam Sphere and the Last Version Of LogiSphere (V1.2 Pro).
Now my Cam (only buy Last Week) is broken, and I don't want to open it. I think I will return it to the logitech support.
I can't UP/DOWN the Cam. I Can Only LEFT/RIGHT

The matter is that during The Initalisation "Home" in Logisphere. (In the launch of the program Logisphere) the Program go to Right-Bottom To Top-Left and in Top-Left The Cam make some Noise :'clac,clac,clac'.... it was the last move (up/down) of my cam.... Cry Cry

Now My Cam is blocked in the bottom but I can still go to the left and the right....

I hope, that logitech support don't make me problems... I will see it tomorrow morning

I think that Logisphere don't need to go to much in the Top-Left... (the noise clac/clac...)

Bye