Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

4ch PCI DVR Card
By: Peter
Topics: 49
Added: 09/27/2006 - 02:56 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Hi all i would Like To Use My 4ch PCI DVR Card with This Software but i have Tryed it with it But it will Not Come Up in the cam software

From peter

this is the Link
DVR CARD
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 09/27/2006 - 03:43 PM

This link does not reveal anything about the hardware / drivers involved.
Once the drivers are installed, at least one out of the four channels should show up.

Check if you can find your card in the Device List
Added: 09/29/2006 - 08:23 PM

Whot Happens if my Driver is Installed but Will not work the software

from peter
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 09/30/2006 - 05:31 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I tried. Really tried. But after reading that eBay advert twice and staring at the photos I can not see any Manufacturer or Model Number information there. Without that info I can not assist you because I have no clue what that card really consists of at any meaningful level.

I find it rather odd that nowhere does that eBay advert contain the words "WDM Compliant", nor is there any mention of DirectX / DirectShow. Leads me to think the card may be a "bastard" design that's not really compatible with anything but its own software.

Try running wmcap.exe (it's part of the standard Windows Media Encoder distribution) and see if it can recognize your card. If the card is compatible and the driver is correctly installed, wmcap.exe *will* see it.

Edited to add:

If your card is one of the many "Brand X" products that are based on Conexant BT878/9 chip, you probably need this to make it WDM capable:
LINK TO DRIVER AT SOURCEFORGE

Note that LogiSphere supports hundreds of WDM compliant devices, but there are also hundreds of non-WDM compliant Brand-X devices out there being sold cheap at places like eBay (because their original owners found out they don't work with much of anything).
Added: 10/01/2006 - 01:07 AM

I did Look for any Model Number or manf But Non on it so it looks like it can only use it`s own Software

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 10/01/2006 - 03:04 AM

If you can determine what chip the card is built around (BT878 is a good possibility) there still a chance you can get it to work, provided you are willing to put some time and effort into it.

There are open-source drivers out there to take care of all sorts of compatibility problems. Google is your friend! What you seek is a "WDM Compliant" driver for your card's chipset. It probably exists somewhere.

By: DennisLa
Topics: 81
Added: 10/02/2006 - 01:32 PM

I also have a 4 channel DVR card running on my system that I've been
trying to get to work with generic drivers for at least six months now. No luck.
Sure would be nice though. :-)
It only works and is only recognized by the software that came with the card.
The way it work with it's own software is awesome! Very quick frame rates,
nice images etc. It's really sad that I've found no other way to access it.
Stefan had suggested at one point going to the developer of the videocapx.ocx
and see if he will support it. Probably a pretty slim chance of that though.
I've been through all the WDM Video Capture Drivers and custom make your own
I could find. Still searching.

Dennis