AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/04/2024 - 07:46 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Attach comment (e.g., name) to specific IP's in messages and logs.
By: DavidPy
Topics: 4
Added: 11/16/2006 - 02:01 AM

For my private webcam, I track who accesses it and when.

I do so both with the logs and the live Server Messages and Events.

It would be a big help to me if I could associate a text comment with an IP. This text comment would be listed after the IP (in brackets, perhaps) within the server logs and the Server Messages and Events.

This way, at a glance, I could identify who was participating in the webcam operation at any given time. It would save me cross referencing IPs once I'd identified and defined the appropriate messages.

Any comments or thoughts?

Thanks!

David

p.s., being able to associate a sound file that is played when a selected IP connects for the first time (in a 10 minute period for example) would also be useful for me.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 11/16/2006 - 08:14 PM

Hey David,

Did you consider using the built-in PHP support in LogiSphere to do this? Seems like a perfect application for PHP to me. PHP gives you programatic access to all the visitors' connection info - all you'd need to do, I'd think, is use the IP to do a lookup in a flat file of IPs vs Names that you'd build. Or get fancy and use a mySQL database instead of a flat file.

There are bound to be PHP examples of this sort of thing out there on the Net somewhere. What you're looking to do is very similar in concept to how those scripts work that display "Who Is Online?" or "We Have XX Users Online Right Now" on peoples' sites.
By: DavidPy
Topics: 4
Added: 12/02/2006 - 04:35 AM

Thanks...

If I get a chance, amid school and work, I'll see if I can figure any of that out.

Alas, I'm a programming neophyte.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 12/03/2006 - 12:31 AM

Check back here from time to time, David. I'm not gonna make promises, but if I get some free time I'll see if I can make something in PHP for you to use as a starting point. I've been wanting to play with the PHP support in LogiSphere for a while now (and I know SSE would like to see us using it!) but I either have had no time or no ideas. Lemmee see what I can do...