Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Record Movie on Motion
By: Adam
Topics: 19
Added: 08/04/2005 - 10:50 PM

One nice feature I have enjoyed in other cam software is the ability to record movies (instead of taking snapshots) when motion is detected.

I think this is a much better security option and I have so much spare room on my HD's to fill! (well it is so cheap these days).
By: DennisLa
Topics: 81
Added: 03/05/2006 - 04:24 PM

From Adam:
One nice feature I have enjoyed in other cam software is the ability to record movies.

I do beleive having the ability to save a video stream would also be quite usefull. Stills are great, but video does show a lot more. Drive space is for most purposes no longer an issue for anyone with a computer built this century.

But to Adams suggestion enable stream save based on motion. The save could take place for a specified period of time, say a number of seconds to continue to save since last motion detect. Also have the option to manually turn on and off stream save at will. Obviously the stream would also include audio so you can hear what the thiefs were saying.Wink
A new file would be created daily with datestamp and appended to during that day.

I see that this suggestion by Adam was put in back in August and no one has even replied to it. Has no one else the desire to see such a feature?Huh? Unless I have missed a thread on it elsewhere in the Forums..

Dennis

By: GregP
Topics: 2
Added: 04/19/2006 - 08:44 PM

I also think that recording a movie when motion is detected is a very important option, if not a must in this type of software. Count my vote in.
Dr. Greg Palka, Krakow, Poland
By: KenS
Topics: 0
Added: 06/02/2006 - 09:32 AM

I've been struggling to configure Logisphere 1.6 to record a movie when motion is detected. Is this really not possible? Sad

Programmatically, it can't be that hard, can it?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/02/2006 - 10:14 AM

Hello Ken
I've been struggling to configure Logisphere 1.6 to record a movie when motion is detected. Is this really not possible?
Yes, it is possible
Programmatically, it can't be that hard, can it?
Yes, it can be hard. Don't underestimate the complexity of real time processing Smile!
The codecs take some time to initialize, and you don't want to miss the action, so the recording has to be ready to shoot.

That is why there's no audio on recorded motion.

Please read the help file on this subject Storage / Record Video
By: KenS
Topics: 0
Added: 06/04/2006 - 09:57 PM

I'm impressed with Logisphere Frin, but can't figure out how to make it record a movie for a certain length of time after motion is detected.

Any tips on how to configure the following settings to record a movie when motion is detected?

Server tab:
Use Cam: checked (green)

Storage tab:
Local Save Active: checked (green)
Local Save Directory: set to my desired folder
Time based name: checked

Save interval in Seconds: 2

Motion Detection: checked
Motion Trigger: 1
Ignore first: 0 seconds
Framerate for replay: 5

Record Video window:
Video Save Directory: set to same folder for snapshots
Time based name: checked
Record Single Frame on Motion Detection: toggled on
Keep recording for: 15 seconds
AVI: toggled on
second pull-down (for movie. unlabeled): DivX 6.2.2

Ok ... at this point, I have to click the Start Recording button in the Record Video window.

These settings give me a folder full of single snapshots taken every 2 seconds when motion is detected, and a movie file that looks like it's empty (size zero in the folder) until I click the Stop Recording button in the Record Video window - at that point, the movie file is closed and I can see the true file size. This also means that if I want to record motion-detected movies, I have to click the Start Recording button each morning when I leave, and click the Stop Recording button when I come home.

I've tried setting the Save interval in Seconds to 10, to reduce the number of snapshot files that are created, but then the movie only records a series of 15 second still-frames. Unfortunately I can't find settings that tell it to record 15 seconds of movie after motion is detected.

In the Record Video window, I think a "Record Real Time on Motion Detection" setting is what I need. If this setting existed, then ideally each detected motion would create a movie with these settings, and each movie would be saved in a separate movie file ... all without needing to Start and Stop recording.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to configure Logisphere to record a movie on motion detection?

Thanks!!!
Ken
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/05/2006 - 04:16 PM

Don't check 'Local Save Active' if you don't want to store snapshots.