Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Mic controls
By: godfrey
Topics: 13
Added: 08/05/2005 - 04:11 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I have a built in mic on the cam and i would like to have the ability to turn it off and on, and the ability to pick a alternate sound device (ie music from some computer program).

Plus I have a bug with the mic on the cam. I can hear the open mic thru my speakers. So I get a nice echo effect going on Smile Since the mic is built into the cam I can not find a way to turn it off and the only way I can stop the speaker output is by muteing wave in the volume control pannel.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/05/2005 - 06:15 AM

The MS volume control should be able to control your cameras mic as well.
To start it, double click the speaker symbol in the tray. In the Options menu choose properties, there should be a drop list with all the audio devices.

I agree that there should be more options for audio within LogiSphere...
By: Garath
Topics: 0
Added: 08/05/2005 - 09:51 PM

hello !
it's the same bug for me !
when i start logisphere, i can hear a larsen in my speakers... but it happens only when video server is not started.
Starting it is the issue Smile
Added: 08/09/2005 - 02:51 PM

I played with MS volume controls and was unable to shutdown just the built in mic on the camera. You can shut down the mic if you turn on and off the wave volume but this effect most all sound on your PC (pc alert sounds, itunes,etc). Mic volume has no effect on the built in mic on the cam. I did notice turning on and off the video server will stop the mic broadcasting thru the PC speakers. On = no sounds thru speakers, Off = sound thru speakers.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/09/2005 - 02:58 PM

Godfrey,

using XP german version I start the Microsoft mixer with double click on the speaker symbol in the system tray,
then choose menu Options, Radio 'box' Record. Now I have the option to choose 'USB usb device' in the Mixer droplist.

After choosing the 'USB audio device', I click on OK and there it is, the record volume of the cameras mic.

Maybe with the 'Lego' cam this option does not work....

I know this is not very neat - in the next version of LogiSphere the audio playback will be disabled.

Added: 08/10/2005 - 04:46 PM

I found it

Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Audio (tab), Sound Recording (the USB camera is the default device), Volume button.

Once you open the sub menu for Volume, I could mute the Camera with the check box.

This was for windows XP

You would think that your way would work SSE but I guess MS doesn't like to stay consistent across country releases