Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

[Solved] License Problems
By: JosephL
Topics: 2
Added: 11/27/2007 - 12:48 AM

I can only get Abelcam to run one camera.. even though I have 3 licenses.

Why would this be?

Any help appreciated!

Joe
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/27/2007 - 06:17 AM

Did you enter the camera licenses as shown in the Help File ?
By: JosephL
Topics: 2
Added: 11/27/2007 - 10:35 AM

Got it to work. I had added the licences, but entering some -------- before and after seemed to make it work.. I guess the linefeeds were missing.

Cheers
Joe
By: RobertH
Topics: 12
Added: 12/14/2007 - 10:00 PM

I am not sure if I am in the correct area.

I like to have 3 webcams on two different computers as they are in different areas. Do I have to buy two different licences having 1 and 2 cameras or can I buy licences for 3 and use the application with the licence for 3?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 12/14/2007 - 10:29 PM

Hello Robert,

for the location with 2 cameras, you should get
one AbelCam Pro License and one Camera License.

For the other location, depending on your requirements
either get a AbelCam Pro license or the AbelCam Network Camera Agent.

You can try all products to figure out which one fits best for your needs.
By: DavidS
Topics: 0
Added: 12/15/2007 - 08:45 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Ok, I created a free License under DavidS, but when I ordered a license I used my wife's paypal accoutn wich created a new account under her name ShawnaS with the same 4 digit ID code. I configured the license with my account info but using the license code under her new name and things seemed to be working. Then no new changes would save without manually editing the config txt files. So I re-installed the software now I cant get the license key to re-register?

Any ideas?
By: DavidS
Topics: 0
Added: 12/15/2007 - 08:56 PM

OK,

It looks like you have to install the orignal free license key, then install the pro license key second. I dont mind that the account is under my wife's name, but would like it to use my email address. I have seen the instructions, so I will try to get that chage made. I am just hoping that my config changes will now save from inside the program.
Added: 01/01/2008 - 09:04 PM

I am trying to set up my 3 monitors on my laptop and after it is all set, I like to move the Abelcam software and licences to a desktop. Can I do that easily?
Added: 01/01/2008 - 09:24 PM

I like to add one more input into the last question. I have a free licence key now. So if I buy three licences on my laptop, will I encounter problems when I transfer the software and licences to my desktop?

Thanks.
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 01/01/2008 - 09:43 PM

I transfered my licences over from my laptop to my server almost a year ago to the day. That wasn't a problem, If don't believe anything has changed since then. Abelcam isn't like OEM XP or Vista that gets locked to a computer. As long as you don't run Abelcam on both desktop and laptop at the same time it should be fine. Sse will confirm this I'm sure. Do you mean 3 camera licences? In your first post you say 3 moniter your first webcam doesn't need a licence it's covered by your free/pro. I'm not sure if you can run more than one camera on a free licence though, agian see could confirm or disprove this.
Added: 01/01/2008 - 10:36 PM

Thanks AndrewG.

I understand now that I should not have problems with licencing.

Yes, I will be using a total of 3 cameras on one computer. So I will have to get a free/Pro and will have to get 2 more camera licences.