Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Webserver
By: RogerCa
Topics: 0
Added: 04/29/2008 - 11:34 PM

Hello! I am a new user and would like to setup the Webserver but have been unable to find out where to download it from. I have checked the forum and found a lot of info but not the download location.

Thanks!Cool!
By: RogerCa
Topics: 0
Added: 04/30/2008 - 12:09 AM

Think I figured this out. Looks like the Webserver is part of the AbelCam software. More to come...
By: DomenicoS
Topics: 59
Added: 11/18/2009 - 03:49 PM

Hi

Last month and half I have big problem - Immediately after I start webserver, somebody from Slovenia starts to open current0.jpg every 3 seconds!!!

I think he made some program which is non stop active, because my webserver woos of for more days because him, but he wos active in a seccond after I started webserver...

He also doubled my internet bill for these two months, and also, I have to switch webserver of because all this.

I read his IP on Messages panel, will see tommorow is it fix IP or not...

Can I block this IP somehow in AbelCam?

Or resolve this somehow, maybe in ADSL router, or change name of pic, but that will help only temporary...
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/19/2009 - 07:13 AM

Domenico, as a temporary solution you can add the camera with a different number.
Once you have 'I am a AbelCam Expert' checked in Options, you can select the camera number to be added when adding a camera.
By: MichelP
Topics: 18
Added: 11/20/2009 - 07:37 AM

If he has an fixed IP, the easiest way is to block the IP in your router.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/20/2009 - 12:23 PM

Next Beta release of AbelCam will have an IP filter to block unwanted visitors.

EDIT: Domenico, AbelCam 3.2.2 is now available, it contains a IP Filter Option.
Added: 11/25/2009 - 02:29 AM

Just installed it and blocked him, it is fix IP, when AbelCam starts, hes flag is first listed, but he is not shown on Messages list any more... So, it is a great option!

(If you have magic stick, I woos wondering what will be best way to monitor visitors - I think that automatic option "Ban 24h IP that consumes more than xx MB/files daily" , but, I understand that most people have flat internet and no problems like me.)

Can that be some bug loop on some server or it is probably made by somebody with some "not nice" reason?

Also-does he consumes my internet now, is WebServer non-stop awakened/pinged?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 11/25/2009 - 11:01 AM

This is getting far beyond the scope of an AbelCam discussion IMHO. But to answer your question...

I am guessing that Mr. Slovenia is "scraping" your content, e.g. displaying your camera stream on his own web site. His script that does the scraping probably does not bother to stop fetching images when nobody is looking at his site. Either that or his site is very busy.

So yes, you will continue to be pounded with GET requests from his server with the AbelCam blocking turned on. AbelCam will simply ignore the GETs. This will continue until Mr. Slovenia realizes he is no longer receiving images and kills things on his end. There is nothing you can do about it. Had you blocked him at your router (which is a more correct way to handle this problem than adding more complexity to AbelCam is) you would still have the same problem. The only way to get rid of him completely would be to convince your ISP to "balck hole" him at the ISP's router (before his packets ever get to your metered connection).

Better yet, dump your ISP and get an unmetered connection and you will have no further need to worry about such things!
Added: 11/25/2009 - 05:18 PM

Thanks! That is info I needed!
We have only one ISP, only way is to pay more, will think about that...
Added: 11/27/2009 - 12:17 AM

Maybe It is to early to say, but this IP block did a great job! He woos overusing me from 28.09., and yesterday he finally stopped. Hope he realized it somehow and will not tray again!