Announcements
Latest Topics

Requests for preview window
By: MortenK
Topics: 39
Added: 05/19/2008 - 12:58 PM

Hi,

I have some feature requests for the preview window:

A) Add a button "save local file now", which saves a picture, with the same settings as for scheduled "save local file".

B) Add a button "start/stop record video", which records a video, with the same settings as scheduled "record video".

C) Add an option to say that the preview window should be opened when AbelCam is started.

D) Add an option to say that the preview window should be a "normal" window, that is, one that can be minimized, and does not stay on top of all other windows.

E) Respect aspect ratio when preview window is resized.

F) Remember position and size of preview window, between restarts.

I am a newbie, so it is very possible that I can do these things today.

Cheers,
Morten
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/24/2009 - 07:52 AM

Morten,

as you probably know C, D, E and F have been implemented in 3.0.0
Do you still want A and/or B?

Does anybody else want those?

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/24/2009 - 06:51 PM

I don't feel real strongly about either A or B. If A existed I might use it occasionally. I doubt I'd ever use B because it would seem to require VideoCapX, which I try not to use.

Something to consider...

Experienced users would not have problems with these buttons.

Noobs would probably find the buttons and 1) not read the docs, 2) start clicking the buttons without first configuring Local Save and/or Video Save, then 3) post help requests saying the buttons don't work.

I suppose these buttons would be helpful to the people who uninstall because "all I wanted was to capture a still image from my webcam". BUT I suspect most of those people are noobs, so see previous paragraph Wink And besides, they can do still captures just by opening their cam with Windows Explorer.