Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Additional Camera Controls
By: JohnMy
Topics: 30
Added: 06/09/2008 - 03:45 PM

In addition to the PTZ controls it would be nice to have some video controls like Brightness, Contrast and Color. I do not know if the is possible for it may be tied to the particular Webcam one is using. I can use Logitech QuickCamm 11.5 to do it on the local machine and may be able to do it remotely with a remote desktop application. IMO it would be a nice addition to have a sliders like the Zoom slider in the java and javascript applications.
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 06/10/2008 - 12:12 AM

With the latest Abelcam using your camera with the VisioForge option you can do all sorts of weird and wonderfully things Smile. Though not by javascript etc., I can however control these remotely via. Log Me In no problem.
Short list of effects, which are reported to work on the Issue Tracker
-Effect Blue
-Colour Noise
-Darkness
-Filter Blue
-Mono Noise
-Spray
Others also, Brightness, Contrast and Colour have also been no problem for me, with logmein. For Brightness, Contrast and Colour, have a look under the driver settings for your camera within abelcam. I know none of this is web page based but it may help you.
Undecided
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 06/10/2008 - 11:29 AM

John, while I'm no expert on this subject I have done a bit of DirectX/DirectShow programming. You were correct in suggesting it's tied to the camera; different cams' drivers have very different ideas about what a "standard" implementation of the DX API amounts to. It would not be impossible to hook all the settings for every supported cam, but it would be quite difficult IMO.
By: JohnMy
Topics: 30
Added: 06/10/2008 - 01:51 PM

MelvinG seems to be a trend with Camera manufactures still and motion they don't seem to want standards they want to lock you into their product line. So they hold the industry back No RAW standard no control standards no compatibility.

AndrewG Yes one can do every thing remotely using a remote desktop application but I would not want to open my system to the public that way. I would like their access confined to camera controls.
By: SusanS
Topics: 2
Added: 08/07/2009 - 08:30 PM

I would like to see Focus on the Configuration Menu, When I use Abel Cam to zoom in, alot of times all I get is a blur. I believe if Focus was added, I would be able to get a better picture at zoom in 6000 and zoom out 10.