Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

I'm confused... Web Access using AbleCam
By: MikeDs
Topics: 37
Added: 09/28/2009 - 06:01 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I've tried a few other webcam software packages and they aren't as confusing as AbleCam. But they didn't provide what I wanted. I was hoping AbleCam might get me the web access and control I need. I'm sure it's operator error and that is what is confusing.

I have installed AbleCam and read the tutorials. I have it working on my local computer and it works fine. But I'm unable to understand, nor is there any directions on how to access the streaming video from an internet site; not on my computer.

Some questions:

1) Is the use of AbleCam server, on my PC connected to the webcam, the only way to access video from a web site?

2) If so, does it require a fixed IP? I have a broadband cell access and the IP changes. I have tried this (using other software) and it doesn't provide the fastest video but it works for my purposes, for low frame rates.

3) OR does AbleCame web site also provide a server service, so that I don't need to run a server on my pc?

4) Is there any type of support for uploading java or javascript programs to a web site so I can use that for accessing video, and have a constant IP?

I'm sure I will have other questions but this will get me started.
By: MikeDs
Topics: 37
Added: 09/28/2009 - 08:06 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I have found the answers to some of my questions so I edited out the ones I found answers. But I'd still like to know the answers to the others.

It is especially important that I find a way around the changing IP. My IP changes from time to time and I need to have web access from an IP that doesn't change. That is why having my video pushed to a site that doesn't change IP is important.

Anyone have a solution to this problem?
By: MarkLi
Topics: 6
Added: 10/07/2009 - 03:36 AM

would be interested in finding out a few of those answers too

Currently have a webcam stream embedded into my webpage www.westbourneswansea.com/webcam.htm

is it possible to embed abelcam using similar look but with PTZ control. i think the silverlight app can do it. any chance of a flash app or can someone explain the java apps for a newbie
By: AdamSu
Topics: 0
Added: 10/15/2009 - 04:29 AM

hey can some one please tell me how to add cams through AbeliCams to the Live Cams app on my phone