Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Running out of time.
By: MichaelP
Topics: 0
Added: 11/24/2009 - 09:55 PM

I've been having problems with AbelCam over the past week telling me that I've run out of time. Although, I don't know why it's telling me this. I have been using AbelCam for THREE months with no issues. I've set-up my computer to run AbelCam precisely at noon. However, lately when I try to access my webcam from work at 1:00pm it doesn't work. When I get home there is a webpage loaded up that tells me I have used up all my minutes for the day and the times listed on the webpage are from when my computer wasn't even turned on yet.

I repeat... this has been the setup for the past three months and it has always worked before. I don't know what has changed to cause AbelCam to behanve this way.
By: MichelP
Topics: 18
Added: 11/24/2009 - 11:16 PM

Do you have a free or a pro license? The free license only runs 6hrs a day. If it can't contact the Abelcam server, it will only run for 30 minutes.
Maybe a firewall is blocking Abelcam to contact the server?

Free license limitations can be found here

I know a couple of days ago there where some changes to enforce the license regulations. Maybe that's why before that you could "overuse" your license, but not now anymore.

Maybe you should consider taking a pro license, it's only 20 euro's, and it runs unlimited.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/25/2009 - 12:30 AM

Merci, Michel

Michael, AbelCam tells you you're running out of time because I ran out of patience with people abusing the free license...

See also this topic which brought up this subject first