AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
04/29/2024 - 02:34 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Can this software be used for pan/tilt only?
By: Question
Topics: 17
Added: 11/10/2005 - 04:55 PM

Can this software be used for pan/tilt only? without video? I'm trying to find software that allows people to remotely control my orbit webcam while they view it through an instant messanger like MSN.

So far the only piece of software I've found that does this required the use of their own webserver to control the camera, and their webserver crashed during my demo....
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/10/2005 - 06:08 PM

The LogiSphere Web Server can run without any camera connected to the system.

If you have a Logitech Sphere / Orbit, you can use the Tilt / Pan feature without
activating the camera.

You can use any Windows Video device without using the Tilt / Pan feature.

You can also use your desktop as video source, you don't need to have a camera to deliver pictures to the internet Cheesy
By: Anonymous User
Added: 06/01/2006 - 10:48 AM

So is possible to encode/stream the video using Windows Media Encoder and use your software to TIlt/Pan the camera?

regards
Davide
Added: 06/01/2006 - 12:37 PM

Yes, that is possible. The results are not very satisfying, as the Windows Media Server / Player adds quite a bit of a delay.

Why would you use the Windows Media Encoder instead of LogiSpheres Video Server?
By: Anonymous User
Added: 06/01/2006 - 12:52 PM

You are write...after looking at the screenshot (I haven't installed yet) I saw that is possible to use WMV within the software...
From what i saw it look like you have remarkable piece of software here. Good JOB Wink

May I ask you which camera (Tilt/Pan) to get: Logitech or Creative?

regards
Davide
Added: 06/01/2006 - 02:42 PM

Unless you have a very good reason not to buy from Logitech, not to buy from Logitech, I recommend the Logitech Orbit / Sphere