Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

when ever i try to connect Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
By: JackSh
Topics: 0
Added: 02/15/2010 - 06:54 PM

when ever i try to connect to the web to see my cam i get Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage. and when i start abel cam i get an message from abel cam website saying cant connect. what do i do?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/15/2010 - 11:06 PM

Maybe you need to start the builtin web server?
By: BruceLe
Topics: 2
Added: 08/31/2010 - 02:21 AM

I have upgraded to Ver 4 and I do have the web server running. But, I also have a 4 channel DVR security system camera using port 80 and port 8080. I have attempted to change port numbers around and now have it (Able Cam) set to port 7972 and it says error HTTP 400.

When I type ip address it always just goes to (loads) my other security system 4 camera one. When I use IP address:7972 it says HTTP 400. So what I'm trying to do is set AbleCam to another port. I have set the cam server and my router to use port 7972.

Maybe suggest another port? Undecided

Other camera system is stand alone DVR and the Able Cam is on my computer.

Then I will set a domain name to that address or build a web page that shows camera.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/31/2010 - 05:30 AM

I see nothing wrong with using Port 7972. AbelCam doesn't care what port (0-65535) it's on as long as something else is not using the port you choose.

HTTP 400 = "Bad Request", which is not exactly enlightening. It would probably be helpful to know what piece of software is returning 400 - AbelCam, your DVR, or something else entirely (such as a software firewall or something). If the 400 is coming from AbelCam there should be something in the Error 400 page indicating that. If the 400 is coming from something other than AbelCam then that "something" is intercepting HTTP on port 7972 and you need to kill it or find a port it isn't interfering with.

Got a software firewall? Try testing with it off. Mixing servers and software firewalls is generally bad news unless/until you know exactly how to customize firewall settings.
By: BruceLe
Topics: 2
Added: 08/31/2010 - 07:13 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Ok Solved-

Problem was Loop Back not on router. Would not loop back from Internet.

Changed everything to port 8081 used a free DNS service with domain name and now can type domain name in and get video on desktop computer at home.

Slept on it last night and thought of the thousands of things I tried and then it hit me about Loop Back I read about. Got up this AM set to 8081 and used my laptop that I have a wirecard for and Bam I was there. The lap top with aircard did not loop back through my router as my desktop PC did and truly did go out over the Internet.

So if you cant see your cam on IpAddress-port it might just be your router has loop back turned off or doesn't have the loop back option.

On laptop I can see camera using ip-port or domain name.

desktop only see camera with domain name.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/31/2010 - 10:19 PM

Glad you got it going. I feel a bit stupid now because I know all about the router loopback thing (many AbelCam users have been bitten by it) but didn't think of it when I replied to you.