Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Growl support
By: MichaelAn
Topics: 56
Added: 05/27/2010 - 10:19 PM

Would be nice to have growl.

Would both be easy to detect visitors, chat, or what ever, even when abelcam is running on another computer than the one you use.
Added: 06/03/2010 - 09:28 PM

Problem found... Compiled with .NET 4 (This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.) so I changed to 3.5 and it worked right away.

So now that it is showing up, how would you suggest to monitor through the log file? Are there any feed from the webserver?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/04/2010 - 08:18 AM

Are you talking about this Growl? What kind of notifications would you like to send?
Added: 06/04/2010 - 08:42 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Yes I am, or actually to be more precise, this growl http://www.growlforwindows.com/gfw/ (the windows version of it)

Was thinking about making it show a notice when someone was visiting the site, and a image from one of the camera's was pulled (not every image just notification about the first). Maybe also use it for sending one about a chat message, camera failure, and what ever it could be.

The thing is that I got the AbelCam running on another computer, and with growl you can just set it up to subscribe for notifications on another computer, so multiple can get the notifications from the same computer, without ever looking at it.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 06/04/2010 - 02:44 PM

I think your plugin could read cam access activity from the web servers access log.
Chat messages can also be found in there. Camera failures and other events would require a new interface in AbelCam.