Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

No PTZ
By: SteveWe
Topics: 3
Added: 07/13/2010 - 08:08 PM

Hello,

Just bought the pro upgrade and having crash issues with my Orbit MP-1 camera. I Can see camera and it will zoom but not PT.

On the Zoom/Face Tracking tab the zoom will work but PT arrows will not work. Also on Pan/Tilt tab the Abelcam software will sometimes crash as I change between PTZ1/PTZ2/ Virtual options and click the select button.

Thoughts?

Steve
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 07/14/2010 - 07:07 AM

Crashes confirmed on my system with my OrbitMP (new style - Tag 861305. PID_08CC). Looks like a bug - I've copied this over to the Issue Tracker.
Added: 07/14/2010 - 05:07 PM

Melvin, uninstalled drivers and logitech software, then reinstalled just the driver(10.5 in my case, since I have Orbit model 861305). New drivers didn't help. Still crashing.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 07/17/2010 - 05:01 AM

Steve, as I am on vacation I cannot do anything about these crashes from here. As soon as I'm back home I'll analyze the reports and I'm sure I'll find the reason for this behaviour.

Added: 07/17/2010 - 12:20 PM

Steve, didn't see your last post when it was new. Oops, sorry!

I didn't expect the driver change to stop the crashing - that's most likely a real AbelCam bug. However (going now into some things we discussed off-Forum) I was thinking that you would at least get some control of your PTZ (eg. from the driver's "Zoom/Face Tracking" property sheet). Did you at least get that level of control now? Also - probably a dumb question but I need to ask - you DO have Face Tracking turned Off, right?? If Face Tracking is left on, nothing's going to work as expected!
Added: 07/18/2010 - 12:06 AM

Thanks guys. Still working on it from this end and no luck. 95% of the time Zoom works, but no PT. Yes, face tracking is always off. If you have any other ideas let me know and I'll try them.
Added: 07/24/2010 - 05:08 PM

Hello Steve,

please try the latest beta version available from the members only section and let me know if this solves the problem.
By: JohnGo
Topics: 2
Added: 02/22/2011 - 06:24 PM

I know that this is an old thread but....

Just downloaded the latest version 4.1.5 from the website. My camera has been offline due to my laptop being broken :-(

I installed all the software, and try as I might, the PTZ simply wouldn't work.

I managed to work around this particular problem by simply selecting a more standard resolution (640x480) as opposed to the standard 900x? resolution that it seemed to default to.

Then my PTZ started working perfectly. Perhaps it might be worth setting this more standard type resolution of VGA 640x480 so that the Abelcam software works correctly the first time you use it? It might solve a lot of support requests. Wink
Added: 02/23/2011 - 05:56 PM

John, thank you for this information.

The initialization of a resolution ~ 800x600 is new in AbelCam 4.1.5
The next release will keep the resolution at 640x480 for Orbit/Sphere cameras by default.
Added: 02/23/2011 - 08:28 PM

This reminds me... buried somewhere in the Orbit/Sphere docs is a little warning: above "some resolution" (model dependent) Pan Tilt does not function - by design. I believe their rationale for this was USB bandwidth.