Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Abel Cam is not responding on startup
By: GerryH
Topics: 14
Added: 08/21/2010 - 12:02 AM

Abel Cam is not responding on startup. I changed the options to minimize on startup and now I get "not reponding" with a black Abel Cam window. I cannot change it back because Abel Cam won't start. System Restore did not change it.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/21/2010 - 04:57 AM

I can't explain why this would happen but I can tell you how to change back the setting without running AbelCam.

The main config file is at c:\documents and setting\all users\application data\seiz system engineering\abelcam\config.xml. Open this file in Notepad. Near the top is a line:

<StartMinimized>true</StartMinimized>

Change "true" to "false", save the file, try AbelCam again.
Added: 08/23/2010 - 03:10 AM

I could not find config.xml. Windows search did not find it. Is that where it is on Vista? I could only find C:\Users\gerry\AppData\Roaming\Seiz System Engineering\AbelCam\install\ but it's not in there.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/23/2010 - 05:49 AM

Hello Gerry

You can find the configuration folder in c:\programdata\Seiz System Engineering\AbelCam

Instead of editing config.xml manually, you may also use the Support Tool where you can configure this:

This tools comes with AbelCam 3.5.0 and up
Added: 08/23/2010 - 03:45 PM

I found it, it worked, Thank you
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/23/2010 - 05:56 PM

"You can find the configuration folder in c:\programdata\Seiz System Engineering\AbelCam "

What is this?? Something new in Win7? What I posted is absolutely correct... in WinXP.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/23/2010 - 10:31 PM

Yes, it's new in Vista and Win7
Confusing...
The only progress I see in this is that it's no longer depending on the language/locale used.

MS is playing hide and seek. c:\programdata is a hidden folder.

User data is stored in c:\users - when using a german version, this is shown as c:\Benutzer
What you see is no longer what you get. Try cd c:\benutzer in a shell window -> path can not be found,
the shell does not know of the translations the explorer is showing.

That's one of the reasons I put the paths in the about screen - because otherwise all documentation would have to be
'if you're using W2K or XP, go to c:\bla, on Vista or Win7 go to c:\bluh'

When AbelCam does not behave as it should, the support tool comes into play...Smile!