Announcements
Latest Topics

PTZ Support for Android software Tiny DVR
By: JeanMu
Topics: 16
Added: 08/30/2010 - 10:54 PM

I found a great application for Android phones:
Tiny DVR
Streaming of mjpg works great ! But I would like to have pan tilt support and this is not supported. Axis, Panasonic and so on IP cameras are supported inc. channel nummer selection and username/password.
I know this could be the wrong place, since the author of Tiny DVR should implement this. But purhaps one of the allready implememented IP Cams or Webcam Software is compatible ?

By the way: Is there a good iPhone application to view the livestream from Abelcam ?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/31/2010 - 12:42 PM

I'm not aware of any solutions for Android other than the browser.

For the iPhone have a look at the EyeCam App or livecams-iphone.com, AbelCam support is implemented in both apps.

Added: 02/20/2011 - 03:24 AM

I use now IP Cam Viewer. This App has limited support for Abelcam. Pan und Tilt and presets are working (exept the first preset (0). Not working is access the cam if its password protected and zoom is also not implemented. Also the Cam is selectable.
By: NoahEr
Topics: 1
Added: 02/22/2011 - 01:34 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I just got IP Cam Viewer working with Abelcam, with password support. I used the generic URL preset and Abelcam's mjpg urls (
hostname: port/current.mjpg?cam=0
for the first camera). I've now got my two webcams streaming to my phone.Frin No PTZ on these cameras, though, so I don't know if that would work or not...
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/23/2011 - 06:00 PM

Noah, you can easily test PTZ by adding Virtual PTZ to your camera.
Set the output resolution < input resolution for a true PTZ expirience Wink

Added: 04/30/2011 - 02:47 PM

This software works not bad, but no PTZ.
I use IP Cam Viewer. I was in contact with Robert and he fixed some bugs with the Abelcam Config and I can recomend it now. PTZ and Presets are working as also the password authentication. The free version does it all.
http://hit-mob.com/ip-cam-viewer-android/
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.rcreations.ipcamviewer

Jean-Marc