Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Basic Scheduler Question - Adding a Camera
By: RaleighMu
Topics: 24
Added: 09/10/2010 - 07:01 PM

I'm using AbelCam 4.0.1 on a free license (basically for testing at work - I have a Pro license with an extra camera license that I use on a box at home running 4.0.0 Pro). I haven't tested the Scheduler on my Pro License yet, just the free license with the latest upgrad to 4.0.1.

I'm just starting to test the Scheduler. Currently, I have no problem with REMOVE A CAMERA or STOP ABELCAM or EXECUTE COMMAND. All three of those schedule nicely and execute as I intend.

However, for the life of me I can't get ADD CAMERA to work. I've got two cameras and my intention is to periodically shut one down, then activate the other. No matter what I do ADD CAMERA doesn't do anything.

Is this a feature that is disabled in the free license version (I can think of logical reasons why this might be so), or is there a generic problem with ADD CAMERA in the scheduler? Nothing happens when I click on the TEST button for ADD CAMERA also.

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 09/10/2010 - 07:32 PM

Looks like a bug that made it through testing - will check on Monday
Added: 09/10/2010 - 07:40 PM

From sse:
Looks like a bug that made it through testing - will check on Monday

No problem. Have a nice, relaxing weekend!

I am just testing the new feature and am not actually using it so I am in no hurry.

St. Louis, Missouri, USA
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 09/13/2010 - 07:27 PM

Please upgrade to Version 4.0.2 - this bug is now fixed.
Added: 09/17/2010 - 08:53 PM

All is working fine with the upgrade. The bug appears to be fixed and I am able to start up cameras using the scheduler. What's kind of nice is that when I start a camera as, say, Camera 0, if there is a Camera 0 already running it will automatically replace the first camera with the new one I'm starting up.

Interesting!

St. Louis, Missouri, USA