AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
05/02/2024 - 06:20 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

resolution settings w. MS hd5000 seem to be curius!?
By: ChristianKa
Topics: 15
Added: 10/31/2010 - 07:21 PM

im using a hd5000 webcam with abel4.0 pro - everything seems to be fine. Now im trying to save images via ftp at the highest possible resolution - i set the cam in- and output to 1280x720px - the images are 640x480. in other resolutions it seems to be similar. Any hints?

Cam images are integrated on www.sportbootschule-tauwerk.de
stored images are on www.sportbootschule-tauwerk.de/test.php

below the images is the resulution of the original image shown
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 11/01/2010 - 04:56 AM

This sounds like the same thing that was reported for Microsoft "Lifecam Cinema HD" a while ago. The problem was fixed - for the "Cinema" at least - as of AbelCam 4.0.1.

If you go to the Members Only section of this site you can get the latest maintenance release (currently 4.0.3) and give it a try. Please post a follow-up here to let us know if that solves the problem or not!
Added: 11/01/2010 - 10:15 PM

... well. Checked Version 4.0.3. resolution settings seem to be fixed. No more 0x0 px selections - but on the other hand: ftp does not work anymore - settings left unchanged.
Added: 11/03/2010 - 09:00 AM

Hmmm... I really don't know what to say about FTP quitting when you migrated form 4.0.0 to 4.0.3. Just the other day I turned on FTP on my 4.0.3 here (for a question in another thread that I think you were also posting in?) and it worked okay.

Now I have no idea if this is significant or not, but when I ran that test I did make changes to the FTP path setting. I have no idea how long ago I last used the FTP, nor am I positive that the path I found saved in my settings ever worked - it might have been left over from playing around. But the point might be that I "did stuff" and then did a Save.
Added: 11/04/2010 - 10:37 AM

... was my fault: i've changed the folders name on the server! And: Microsoft HD5000 works fine with abelcam 4.0.3. up to 1280x720 !

Next question: Is there any way to set differnt resolutions for stream and files?

Means stream set to 640x320 and still images on 1280x720 to prevent server load?
Added: 11/04/2010 - 12:13 PM

From ChristianKa:
Next question: Is there any way to set differnt resolutions for stream and files?

Hmmm... good question and I'm not sure I have a very good answer. Maybe SSE has a better idea.

All I can think of is to modify the web pages. All the pages (Java, Silverlight, etc.) have some code that specifies the resolution of the stream that the player requests from the server. By default the requested resolution is the same as the max resolution reported by the server (your Output Resolution setting). By editing a bit of HTML you could change this to a fixed size. This would reduce the load on your upstream connection's bandwidth but would probably increase CPU load on the server (because you are asking the server to re-size the image stream). Since the cam can only deliver one resolution at a time to to PC, no matter how you approach this the server is going to have to do some re-sizing.