Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

No "Follow Motion" Option
By: ShafiqSh
Topics: 0
Added: 04/26/2011 - 08:20 AM

I have an Orbit Focus AF, and am trying to use Abelcam on a PC connected to my TV so it can follow us around as we walk through a room.

When I add Orbit AF1 or Orbit AF2, go to the configuration and click on the "Pan Tilt" section, there is no Follow Motion option, even though "Use PTZ" is checked.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 04/26/2011 - 08:46 AM

In order to keep the interface simple for new users, not all options are visible by default.

If you want to use the more advanced options, you need to upgrade yourself to be an AbelCam Expert

Go to Configuration / Options and check the 'I am a AbelCam Expert' checkbox.

Added: 04/28/2011 - 02:23 AM

Perfect - that worked. !

This is what I would like to do: I would like the follow motion to operate while using Skype so that my little kid can wander around the room and talk to his grandparents.

Follow motion only appear to work if Abelcam is using the camera, which disallows Skype from using it. Is there any way to enable this scenario?

Thanks!
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 04/28/2011 - 06:08 AM

AbelCam needs the captured images for motion detection to determine where is the motion to follow.
That is why it cannot work when the camera is not active.

You need a driver which allows more than one application to use the camera.
Possible solutions are Cam Splitter or Multiply Cam

I have not used either of them so I can't tell which one works better.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 04/28/2011 - 09:07 AM

There's also Manycam. I've used it, but not extensively. It seems to work okay.
Added: 04/30/2011 - 04:13 PM

Ok - I got Manycam, but this is the problem I am having: Manycam controls the Orbit AF Driver, so while Abelcam can tap into the Manycam Virtual Cam Driver, it is not able to issue Pan/Tilt/Zoom commands to the camera.

I think I need either:

1. Abelcam to expose a virtual driver that Skype can use, which simply renders video from the camera

2. Abelcam to use a Virtual Camera to determine follow motion, but is able to issue PTZ commands to the Orbit AF somehow