Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Service not working Windows 2003 Server
By: DavidBc
Topics: 1
Added: 05/28/2011 - 08:35 PM

I've upgraded to v.4.2.2 from 4.1.1 and since the upgrade I can only get the FTP to work when in Abelcam itself. When I start the service nothing happens, no debug logs, no FTP images. Service starts fine and says it's started but seems to do nothing anymore! Any help please.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 05/29/2011 - 12:39 PM

I think this was fixed a long time ago, so probably not relevant, but still worth checking:

When you upgrade, AbelCam pops up an alert, something like "configuration is 4.1.1, you are running 4.2.2, configuration will be updated when you save", every time you start it - until you do a File -> Save. That pop-up would hang the service, so after every upgrade it was necessary to start AbelCam as an application, do a File -> Save, and then shut it down. Once that was done it would work as a service again.

Out of habit I still follow that procedure every time I upgrade, so I'm not 100% sure if it is or isn't still necessary. Also I'm running XP not Server so what happens here is not necessarily the same as what happens on your system.