AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
04/29/2024 - 05:10 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Logic of Video tickbox seems to be reversed.
By: DaveDp
Topics: 10
Added: 07/07/2011 - 09:52 PM

I have recently switched from recording stills to recording video and the logic of the Use Video tickbox (Video Save branch / Control tab) seems to be reversed. If I tick the box and save the configuration video recording is stopped and the video options become greyed out. Clearing the box starts recording and the video options are active again.
Added: 07/08/2011 - 09:09 PM

Additional problem. The state of the 'Restart with new video file' checkbox isn't saved either.

Can someone please explain how to make continuous video recordings, ideally one video file per movement event? There will be times when there will be a lot of events in a short period (i.e. continuous movement) so I need to be able to break the recording into manageable chunks of, say, 100mB or 10 minutes, etc.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 07/11/2011 - 07:37 PM

Hello Dave

the video options are greyed out when video recording is active as you can't change parameters while recording.
To verify, see the video save folder or the message window.

The state of the 'Restart with new video file' checkbox is saved, but when it's redisplayed it's not initialized correctly.
A corrected version is available in Issue #375.

In order to get manageable chunks of video you have two options:
- Restart a video file after x minutes in Video Save / Limits
- Start new video after motion detection in Video Save / Control

You can't choose both - it's either or.
When recording on motion detection, you can choose how many seconds to record pre motion and post motion in Video Save / Options.

If recording after detection overlaps with pre motion recording of the next motion detected,
'Start a new video after motion detection' won't split the video file,
so if you have motion very often 'Restart a video file after x minutes' may be the better option.

If you have further questions don't hesitate to ask them here.
Maybe I should create a tutorial to explain the different video recording options....
Added: 07/18/2011 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for the reply. I'll try your suggestions and let you know. However, can you check the operation of the Use Video checkbox please. No matter what I try:
if I TICK box video recording begins
if I then close the options and re-open them the box is unticked, as though it's not remembering the change.
It's confusing! :-)
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 07/19/2011 - 04:03 AM

I'm pretty sure the tickbox problem was looked into and fixed last week. Take a look here: http://www.abelcam.com/Issues/375#i10