Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Is it possible to enter the Password in command line
By: GregoryR
Topics: 20
Added: 02/08/2012 - 03:50 PM

Hi,
I have been using ablecam for some years now & been great. I want to password protect some of the cameras on the webserver.
If I activate protetion it blocks viewing OK.

I view my cameras via Ablecam in a variety of ways, some have a seperate password entry and this has tended to work.
My Android app even works fine like this.

However I have a Win XP PC IP viewer "ViewerOne" but if I put the password in its seperate box it does not work.
Its there a entry I can put in the main source line
e.g. Currently: 192.168.2.1:7777/current0.jpg
with seomthing like I use for another viewing & camera app
http://192.168.2.123:7777/videostream.asf?user=admin&pwd=password

Also looking at the Stats, what does "other" mean.
Also on the Stats, in the top table I can see ONLY my IP (local &/or www) & image & stream information but in the country below some for US & Italy & France.
I am in UK.
Is this relevant of could it simply be something like DynDNS checking my DNS.

Also, I have asked before but still can't quite understand bandwidth issues. I do NOT yet have a problem but am going to set up more permannat viewing over the www (not local) I am trying to prevent overloading my rather poor upload speed (370 kbps, 48KB ps) However so far Abel cam webserver does not seem to effect it & I can't work out why. I can have 1 camera viewing via the www on 640x480 and it is showing 3-5 fps. This surely is 40-80 KB or more of images per second, which should use ALL my upload but if I run a ADSL speed test as the same time it still shows full 369 kbps upload and the images being shown are not interupted at all.
It seems hard to test real world situations, I use VOIP quite a bit and can be flacky at the best of times, with or without camera running so would be nice to have a good gauge of the impact of Abelcam Webserver. I do have QOS set up as best as poss.

Sorry so many questions

Thanks I/A.

By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/08/2012 - 08:26 PM

Try it in "standard" format, like this:

http://username : password@192.168.2.1:7777/current0.jpg

NOTE: Omit the spaces on both sides of the colon that's in between username and password! I had to add the spaces because even inside CODE tags the stupid forum software was turning it into a smiley.

I can't tell you about Stats. I don't use that feature and if I do all I see is the internal IP of my Apache reverse-proxy no matter who is connecting to the site. That's because my proxy "hides" the actual client's IP from AbelCam.

I can't explain the behaviour of your ADSL connection except to say it sounds to me like either the speed test or your service provider is lying. I agree with your math - the stream of images seems like it should pretty well consume your upstream bandwidth.