Announcements
Latest Topics

LogiSphere 1.3
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 02/20/2006 - 02:37 PM

I am working on this new release.

The main change will be support for Zoom

If you would like to see other features (which have not been yet covered elsewhere in the forum) add them here.
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 02/20/2006 - 07:54 PM

Not so much a feature as a bug fix.When i'm useing the chat and someone sends me a message.What i'm typeing in, seems to highlight its self.If i'm looking at the keyboard then i just tpye over it.Then i have to restart typeing.
Hope this can be fixed Smile!
Andrew
By: BruceH
Topics: 9
Added: 02/20/2006 - 08:22 PM

Add a quota limit for local save. ie. After XX megs of storage or XX days, saved files would be automatically overwritten or deleted. Would save on web maintenace where you have to manually delete files every week.
Thanks Bruce

By: DavidP
Topics: 10
Added: 02/21/2006 - 08:29 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I have the same typing problem that andrewG mentions above. Very annoying.
Also the overwrite ability is a good idea
Added: 02/21/2006 - 09:57 AM

The chat mark and erase bug is fixed in 1.3.

LogiSphere 1.3 is installed on my computer and can be tested

it is set to capture 640x480 and deliver 320x240 to improve zoom resolution (which of course costs a few more CPU cycles Undecided)

The Javascript and tilt/pan pages show the zoom feature.

Comments are welcome.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/23/2006 - 01:39 PM

Well, not a feature request exactly. I've encountered a bug - or at least I'd call it an unexpected behaviour Undecided, when using GET /getpos feature. When the camera is sent Home, getpos will immediately return 0,0 idle without waiting for the camera's homing sequence to finish. Only happens when homing - all other motions wait until the camera is actually finished moving before reporting back x,y idle.

For what it's worth, I've determined that the logitech driver will return ERROR_BUSY if you throw "ioctl" calls at it while homing is in progress - same as when a normal motion is in progress.
By: VolkerS
Topics: 1
Added: 02/23/2006 - 11:23 PM

Hi!

The zoom function looks really nice.
Hope you release 1.3 soon Frin
Added: 03/03/2006 - 05:15 PM

Currently there are about 20 installations of LogiSphere 1.3.x

I have had no feedback which means everything is working fine Frin

The release is not going to be earlier, because I want it to be rock solid when it is release for the public.
By: BillT
Added: 03/07/2006 - 12:24 AM

Tried the new version. Loved the Zoom Feature. Ran great for about a week. But today I had noticed the pan and tilt stopped working. I unloaded Logisphere 1.3 and verified the Ligitech drivers still works and of course the Cam as well. All is fine. I unistalled the 1.3. Still No Good. GOing to try and uninstall again and install the earlier version to see if it works OK. Will chack back tomorrow when i can get more time to play with it a bit more
By: BillT
Added: 03/07/2006 - 12:53 AM

OK, Fully uninstalled and reinstalled. OK. Works Fine Now..... Next question is the Frame count??? It poped up within 60 secs. Exacly what is the issue on this matter?
By: Pete
Topics: 52
Added: 03/07/2006 - 07:25 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Here's my buglist: (thanks for the email saying the Receive Update Info was off ! döh)

1) "lazy cam" should be Lazy Cam, "show frame" rate etc,
2) Logfile entry has C:\\file.log (old one I know)
3) Picture Quality entry, if its set to 50 and one deletes the 5 to type in another number, it complains, so I have to type in 51, then 81, then 80 to get a new entry..
4) Min/Max zoom entries have a bit of whitespace before the numbers
5) Video input/output. set both to 320x, then set output to 640x get a black frame around the pic. a subsequent zoom out fixes it. Then change to 320x and the pic is zoomed in. Same fix.
6) I was suprised setting input format to 640x and output to 320x made things more blurrier than i expected.
7) Video server options (2 pulldowns on the right hand side) are empty for me. And the mms: link doesn't work
at all for me. config file is:

-- Video Server ---------------------
UseVServer = True
VServer Port = 8090
VServer Clients = 2
VServer Profile = Video for broadband NTSC (256 Kbps)
VServer Audio = ,

Most of those above are cosmetic. The new zoom is great and thanks for all the hard work. Pete.

PS something strange, my link :
http://tardis/cgi-bin/JUROcam and the windows media link complains about the link (uses mmsuSmile at least when I view with firefox 1.0.7