Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

LogiSphere 1.4.7 available for Members
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 04/07/2006 - 03:01 PM

a new LogiSphere version is out with these new features:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TV tuner support

As you might have seen on the Cameras page, LogiSphere now supports TV tuners as
video input device. Channels can be changed with a browser, TV streaming with the
Windows Media Server is possible.
This feature has been extensively tested, works reliably and is documented in the
help file.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Save Video

Go to the Storage page, near the bottom you'll find a new 'Record Video...' button.

There are three different types of video you can record

- Real Time
record things just as they happen e.g.. a movie from TV

- Single Frame Web Access
record what people are seeing on your webcam - every access to /current.jpg will create a frame

- Single Frame Motion Detection
record when motion is detected. You can keep recording a certain time frame - to make sure you
can identify the burglar :-)

All videos can be either recorded as AVI with selectable Codecs, or as WMV.
On my end WMV does not work with the single frame videos - if it works for you, please let me know.
Otherwise I'm going to force AVI for single frame videos in the next version.

Capture Audio is only available for real time videos.
You cannot broadcast WMV and record video at the same time.
Video recording can be started and stopped from the Web Admin Interface.

Video Recording has not been tested much and might not work as reliably as other features.
All options are documented in the help file.

new SSI directives

SSI directives (SSI = server side includes) are commands embedded in html pages which are
interpreted by the web server. The web page will be changed before being delivered to the
clients browser.

The new directives allow you to have dynamic pages reflecting the status of LogiSphere features:
- chat
- tuner
- video server
- tilt / pan device

Look at the html code in the distribution and / or the help file to see how you can use these new
directives.

I'll give you an example what they are good for:

A link to the windows media stream is only displayed when the video server is active.
You can switch on / off the video server using the Web Admin Interface, and your pages
will reflect the video servers status without changing any html file.

other changes since 1.4.0

- MIME Types
LogiSphere now supports custom settings for MIME Types.
check the help file if you plan to use that feature:
Services / Web Server / MIME Types

- Error Documents
You can create custom error documents if you don't like the default
error messages for Error 404 (Document not found) and Error 401
(Authentication required).
check the help file if you want to use that feature:
Services / Web Server / Error Documents

- run LogiSphere on startup

- display a error message if the configured video device is not available
on startup

- Audio Preview selectable (see help file / Devices )

- Output Size 320x240 available for all video devices

- improved handling of number only input fields

Donwload link in the Members Only section

If you have problems with this release, please append a note here.
Added: 04/07/2006 - 11:54 PM

Bugs
- bogus error message on startup about local save file name
- both Storage / Save on Web Access and
Storage / Record Video / Record Single Frame on Web Access
don't work as expected.

I will release a fix for those bugs
plus Caption on 'Record Single Frame'
on Monday.

More Bug messages are welcome Frin
By: DennisLa
Topics: 81
Added: 04/08/2006 - 05:19 AM

Hi Stefan,
You added the record video on motion and 404.htm just like I had asked for.
You never replied to me in the forum on these topics so I figured you were not listening. But, there they are in the current version!!
You Rule!
Thanks so much!
Dennis
By: Pete
Topics: 52
Added: 04/08/2006 - 01:26 PM

Looking good ! I only see the same buds as you report. How about the logfile ? It's got an extra \\ there ? (One of my oldie goldies :o)

BTW, how legal is it to transmit a narrowcast from a TV broadcast ? The use just needs a TV licence ? I wonder how it would be to narrowcast from a local TV station, or national station (where I pay a TV licence) or pay channel (say CANAL+)

I suppose you leave this to the user to sort out, but I'm interested.. Just watching the basketball from a Swiss channel at the moment ;o)

Pete
Added: 04/08/2006 - 02:08 PM

Hello Pete
How about the logfile ? It's got an extra \ there ? (One of my oldie goldies :o)
I think this has been fixed a while ago already. You probably still see the old value stored in your config.txt - once you reassign the directory, there should be only one backslash.

BTW, how legal is it to transmit a narrowcast from a TV broadcast ? The use just needs a TV licence ? I wonder how it would be to narrowcast from a local TV station, or national station (where I pay a TV licence) or pay channel (say CANAL+)
I have no idea. As bandwidth for private users is quite limited, TV stations probably don't care much.
I suppose you leave this to the user to sort out, but I'm interested.. Just watching the basketball from a Swiss channel at the moment ;o)
How is the video quality? Can you figure out where the ball is?

I don't think anybody would want to watch TV a long time at this quality level...

How does it work with your video server? I had a user from Brasilia - his video server problems were resolved once he got a firewall issue sorted out.

Have a good week end.
Added: 04/08/2006 - 02:11 PM

Please note: LogiSphere 1.4.8 has been released today
By: Pete
Topics: 52
Added: 04/09/2006 - 02:50 PM

OK, looks better with 1.4.8 :o) I don't have a tuner card in the comp, so I cant try that out. I still have the video devices not understood by the software, hence the video stream doesn't work.. Maybe I should jsut remove the sound card, or replace it with another model ? (Not too sure why the software doesn't just carry on regardless)

Pete