Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Problem with WinFast TV2000 and streaming
By: ThomasR
Topics: 8
Added: 04/29/2007 - 02:03 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

Hi, I am using ablecam with a Logitech Live Motion and a Leadtek Winfast TV2000 XP tuner card. Both can be added just fine to the cam list and the webcam works just great with TPC, local save and web streaming. I can also configure the TV card, it is correctly being detected as tuner and I get the two preview windows showing everything just fine. I enable the camera, and configure the web stream. Once I click on the box that would activate the streaming mode, the whole application "freezes" with an hourglass only. In the task manager, it is still using between 6 and 8% CPU and memory is going up slightly. No disk read/write is going on. Killing the application through the task manager does not work - it disappears from the screen but the process is still there... Even shutting down the PC does not work any more - a hard reset does the trick....

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks,
Tom

XP Professional with latest updates, ablecam 2.1.1 Pro, AMD 3200+ and 1 GB of memory (600 MB free)
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 04/29/2007 - 12:36 PM

Once I click on the box that would activate the streaming mode
Are you referring to the Video Server here?
If so, try using a different codec.
By: ThomasR
Topics: 8
Added: 05/01/2007 - 04:01 AM

I already tried several other codecs with the same result - and all codecs work just fine with the webcam. The problems only occur with the tv tuner card.

From sse:
re you referring to the Video Server here?
If so, try using a different codec.