Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Unable to deactivate FTP Plugin
By: RaleighMu
Topics: 24
Added: 07/01/2010 - 05:15 PM

I am using version 3.2.3 with a free license on a Windows XP Pro box with a Logitech E2500 Quickcam.

I started testing the FTP Plugin which worked fine. I am now uploading images using the standard FTP option to my own web site and don't need the plugin. But, I can't deactivate the FTP Plugin. When I start up I get the pop-up message "AbelFTPPlugin - The live time of this plugin is up look for a more recent version." When I try to deactivate it, nothing happens. If I save and exit, when I return the box remains checked.

Is there somewhere in the config files where I can manually deactivate or remove this plugin?

Everything else appears to be working fine despite this.

====================================
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Added: 07/01/2010 - 11:25 PM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I seemed to have figured it out.

By deleting the following code from the main config.xml file I appear to have disabled the plugin:

<WebPlugins>
<string>C:\Program Files\AbelCam\Plugin\Web\AbelFTPPlugin.dll</string>
</WebPlugins>

By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 07/02/2010 - 12:47 AM

I'm glad you could help yourself.

If you want to continue to use the plugin, install a more recent version of AbelCam or get the latest plugin version from
the bottom of the AbelFTP Plugin Page
Added: 07/02/2010 - 03:31 PM

Thank you. I did not see the download link at the bottom of the AbelFTP Plugin page.

Even though I do not think that I need the plugin now, I still like to test all the features of Abelcam before deciding to commit to using it permanently (at which time I will purchase the Pro license).