AbelCam Forum
Download AbelCam buy Pro

Welcome Anonymous User
04/27/2024 - 07:44 PM
Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Will LogiSphere works with Creative Live!Motion?
By: DennisL
Topics: 8
Added: 11/29/2005 - 01:56 PM

Hi Guys,

LogiSphere is a great software and i Personally love it so much.
However, i am just concern if LogiSphere will work with Creative's Live! Motion?
What i mean is if LogiSphere is able to control the pan/tilt of Creative's Live! Motion?
If so, this will be a great news as claimed by Creative that its Motion cam is far more
better than Logitech's Orbit.

Please kindly advise.

Cheers,
Dennis
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 11/29/2005 - 03:23 PM

I don't think this works. At least not yet.
If the cam is popular, I might support it in the future Smile!
By: FelixR
Topics: 0
Added: 01/21/2006 - 04:19 PM

I have one of these as well. It would be nice...
By: FelixR
Topics: 0
Added: 01/21/2006 - 04:48 PM

By the way, I don't necessarily think of the Live! Motion as better in all respects.

1) As far as overall image quality, Live! Motion wins out of the box, but you can tweak the QuickCam to look almost as good.

2) As far as Pan/Tilt, Live! Motion ranges are equivalent to those of the Orbit MP, but wins against the regular Orbit.

3) The Orbit has the base extension and the Live! Motion does not.

4) The Live! Motion's motor is quieter on the Live! Motion, but it is also more sensitive to friction and may get stuck if you place the camera on a non-level surface. This will never happen on an Orbit.

5) The Live! Motion does have a better mounting bracket for placing on top of monitors/flat screens, but this also makes it less stable if placed on a flat surface that is not level.

6) The Live! Motion bundled software is better and more feature-full overall.

7) The Live! Motion has a panoramic snapshot feature, which takes a wide snap in two sweeps of the camera. Not useable for live video/streaming, but nice nevertheless.

8) Both cameras have different, yet slick looks - I ten to prefer the Orbit's HAL 9000 look

So the better one depends mostly on the use/what matters most.

-Felix
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/15/2006 - 04:20 PM

Support for the Creative Live! Motion is planned for the next major release.