Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Timed FTP image uploading not working
By: RobertL
Topics: 0
Added: 05/24/2007 - 08:49 PM

I've tried and tried (even using two different machines) but I can' get the timed FTP uploading to work. It will upload one or two (maybe as many as five) images before it just stops.

Here's what I am trying to do - take a still shot every 3 minutes. Static file name. Upload to FTP server for disply on my blog.

I've set everything up correctly - because it does work -- for a while.

Also - I am unsure if the FTP motion setting has anything to do with this - if it does, it probably shouldn't. Actually, I should be able to set up motion based FTP completely seperate from timed ftp (unique file names, even a unique FTP server maybe).

Yes, I am new to the software, but I am certain I have everything configured right on my end. Abelcam just stops sending the images (even though it's still strwaming to the web server just fine)

Thanks,

Rob

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/24/2007 - 08:55 PM

Hello Rob

motion detection overrides the ftp upload settings. If motion detection is enabled and no motion is detected, nothing will be uploaded.

If you need both regular intervals and ftp upload, you can configure an additional camera (web video) pointing to the first one, and enable ftp upload with regular uploads there.

If you continue to experience problems, please report as suggested.
By: RobertL
Topics: 0
Added: 05/24/2007 - 09:03 PM

Thanks - from now on I'll follow the rules Wink

I do think seperating FTP into a timed event and a different motion event would be useful though.

Rob

"A true friend stabs you in the front" - Oscar Wilde