Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

PTZ Wont work
By: LukeW
Topics: 1
Added: 07/04/2007 - 08:23 PM

I recently bought a sphere that has been reconditioned on amazon. The pid had been scrubbed out with a pen and after seeing a post here about this program needing to use the pid number, I thought this must deffinetly be the problem with my pan tilt zoom feature. I can get the ptz to work with logitechs software, If I switch the cam off with abelcam and bring the cam up on logitechs software I can even get the PTZ to work on able cam like that but when I try and use both the cam and PTZ, It wont work ! any Ideas ?Huh?
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 07/06/2007 - 07:20 AM

Nothing much comes to mind here. If AbelCam is listing your PTZ in the pull-down box on the PTZ configs tab (actually for a Sphere it lists 2 items: PTZ-1 and PTZ-2) then it is recognizing your cam's PID okay.

If you haven't already, experiment with PTZ-1 and PTZ-2. Spheres are a bit odd in that they report 2 PTZ's and there doesn't seem to be any solid rule as to whether 1 or 2 is the right one. Varies from system to system.

Running a debug log might provide some useful info. On the Web tab, check the box at the bottom for Write Debug File. Then Save, then re-start AbelCam (so the debug captures start-up, where all devices get enumerated). Try to move the PTZ a bit, then un-check Write Debug File and Save again. See if the resulting logfile tells you anything interesting.

If none of this gets you anywhere, send in the debug file. See instructions for sending on the Support Page.