Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

How to view my webcam online?
By: GerryS
Topics: 0
Added: 12/06/2007 - 10:51 AM

Hi, I am lost. I've just added and configured my webcam. I ticked the 'Web Server' box and clicked the 'Autohost' button. This addded my IP address and now the 'Picture URL' box reads: http://83.70.182.29:8080/current.jpg.

However, when I click 'Test 2' or any of the other Test buttons, the web browser tell me that 'The Page Cannot Be Displayed'. How can I view my webcam online (from other computers)? I don't want to embed the camera in a particular website or use any options, I just want to be able to view the webcam from another computer. Is it possible to restrict access to viewing by a password. If so how? Thanks very much.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 12/06/2007 - 11:44 AM

Autohost inserts your external IP number.
Depending on your router model and configuration, your external IP address is not accessible from within your local network.

you can access your pages using
http://localhost:8080/
or
http://[your local ip number]:8080/

To verify that your webcam works from the internet, see the Redirector page.
Added: 12/06/2007 - 11:57 AM

For the password protection see the help file included with the program or on this server

This question is answered in the HowTo

This forum currently has about 500 topics with more than 1500 answers - most questions are answered either here or in the help file.
Please don't post the same question twice - I removed the other one.
By: GerryS
Added: 12/06/2007 - 12:49 PM

Thanks for your swift reply. If I 'Go to http://localhost:8080/' I can see the picture perfect. However, if I use the Redirector Link, I can't see the camera picture. I assume my IP address isn't correct. If I run IPCONFIG in the command prompt, the Ethernet IP Address 169.254.07.27 shows up and the PPP adapter IP Address 10.1.1.253 shows up. Can you advise me please? PS, I am part of a firewalled network, but as far as I know all ports are open.

By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 12/06/2007 - 07:12 PM

canyouseeme.org that will tell you if the port is blocked, enter your Abelcam port number in the box and press check.
Andrew
By: GregorioP
Added: 12/11/2007 - 03:25 PM

Hay alguien que hable español?
Undecided
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 12/11/2007 - 05:35 PM

El idioma principal de los foros es Inglés. Sin embargo google parece bastante bueno en la traducción de las cosas. Si usted acaba de hacer su entrada podría ser traducido al English, si nadie entiende. Eso es muy malo spainsh por el aspecto de cosa.
Added: 12/11/2007 - 06:01 PM

From GerryS:
Can you advise me please? PS, I am part of a firewalled network, but as far as I know all ports are open.

ipconfig will show your computers IP number, not your public IP address.

You need to configure your router/firewall to forward port 8080 (or whatever you choose) to your computer.
By: ThomasDy
Added: 05/04/2008 - 07:32 PM

dont seem to be able to get pass ports Lips Sealed put pc into dmz and turned off firewall no go still
any ideas, useing belkin router and hp pavilion laptop ,tryed cable and wi-fi
Added: 05/05/2008 - 07:33 AM

Thomas,
have a look at www.portforward.com, you might find instructions for your router there.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 05/05/2008 - 07:44 AM

Thomas,

Putting the machine in a DMZ is rather extreme but it seems like it should work. I have an additional suggestion: try using an obscure port number like, say, 7070. Most service provider block port 80, and (at least around here) many are now blocking 8080, 8888, and a few others that are well know alternates for web services.