Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Abelcam website listing
By: StevenB
Topics: 11
Added: 05/28/2008 - 05:55 PM

I have the software selected to list on the Abelcam website. It will be listed for some time, a few days, then it disappears from the websites listing. Is there a way to keep it there without having to deselect and reselect the listed feature?
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/28/2008 - 06:08 PM

Hello Steven

Currently you have unchecked listed.

Once the cam is listed, connectivity is verified every now and then (you'll see that in the message window and the access log). If the connection fails or if it is very slow, the cam will be taken off the list.

Added: 05/28/2008 - 07:31 PM

Are you asking if I have it unchecked or do you know that I do? I would like to keep the camera listed, I do have a broadband connection. I do see the tests come in from Switzerland every once in awhile. Not really consistant, but they are there.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 05/29/2008 - 05:40 AM

Steven,

Speaking as one who has had his site listed for >2 years now I can tell you that if everything is "healthy" between your location and Switzerland then the test messages come in regular like clockwork every 5 minutes. The only time I ever find myself unintentionally de-listed is when something outside my premises (and outside SSE's as well) interferes. It happens occasionally, but more often than not the listing server will pick the connection back up on its own (it does 'X' retries before writing you off completely).

I'd recommend you try running some traceroutes to the listing server's IP address (check your logs - I don't have that IP memorized). Try it at different times of day. See if you can't spot some serious latency and/or packet loss on one of the ~20 hops it takes to get to Switzerland (assuming you are in USA).

If you do find a "bad hop" in the route, do a reverse-lookup on the offending router to see whose it is. If you're lucky it will be one belonging to your ISP, who you can then present with a screen shot of your traceroute. I've done this before and (once you get past the first-line support dummies) found the ISP (AT&T in my case) was glad to be told of the problem and fixed it. YMMV. Wink

If the above sheds no light on the problem, the next thing I'd do is put your AbelCam machine on a hardwired Ethernet line - not a wireless. I had my AbelCam box on a seemingly nice 802.11b/g wireless for a while and was getting de-listed frequently. Switched back to wired - problem solved.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 05/30/2008 - 12:11 PM

No, Steven, I don't know what you are doing.

But I do see that you have AbelCam 2.2.4 installed and I see that your Camera Page is set to http://www.rhl61.com
AbelCam is supposed to be at http://www.rhl61.com:8001, but I cannot connect today. It worked on the 28th.
I have no idea what you have changed since then.

You have one PTZ camera active and Listed is not checked (at least the requests come in as Listed=False)

An hour ago your AbelCam reported no PTZ active although you have the Orbit/Sphere MP

In order to have your camera listed, you need to check the Listed checkbox Wink

The online checks come every five minutes once you're listed, if they don't get through your camera cannot be listed.
Added: 06/06/2008 - 02:04 AM

The rhl61 website is not the camera that I was trying to list. I don't know if it is a coincidence but if I leave the Abelcam window open (not minimized) it seems that the listing stays on the website.
Added: 06/06/2008 - 01:00 PM

Steven, I think that's coincidence because my AbelCam is always minimized, except when I need to see it to change a setting or something. So let's say it's minimized 99.8% of the time.
By: DomenicoS
Topics: 59
Added: 12/15/2008 - 02:17 PM

It will be nice to have Next> also on bottom of Cameras List.
Added: 01/11/2009 - 12:58 AM

Me again...

There is mistake because near my webcam listed on cameras page is wrong flag:

cr.png

I'm from Croatia, or CRO, and my flag is shown correctly in AbelCam software, so, there must be something wrong... Also, I didn't notice wrong flag before...

Right example:

Croatia-flag.gif

wiki/Croatia
Added: 03/28/2009 - 11:05 PM

I still have wrong flag listed near my webcam... (post above)
Added: 03/29/2009 - 12:01 AM

The underlying problem seems to be that the camera list thinks you are in CR (Costa Rica) instead of HR (Croatia). I'm not sure why that is happening, because your "cres-webcam.homeip.net" host is coming up as being located in Croatia at both MaxMind (GeoIP) and Geobytes.

I can't explain why that is happening - I'm only posting to provide additional information...