Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Trying to add an IP Camera on LAN
By: GregoryR
Topics: 20
Added: 03/15/2009 - 11:18 AM

Have ablecam working on my Logitech sphere & works great. Web Seerver &everything

Might like to get ablecam to work with my other (noname) wireless IP cameras (No pan/tilt OK)

Adding a Camera Direct:
Obviously it is not listed being on my local LAN and not direct to the PC.
Web-Video then config. Only option is VidCapX
I enter URL 192.168.2.21/image.jpg - Also tried via the port 192.168.2.21:81/image.jpg
Test - Both the above URL's SHOW the correct image OK.
I don't think it needs user/password to just get at the image but I have tried that also.

However, I just get the "camera offline" in the main window.
After a few seconds the messages say "too many errors while frame capturing"

Rather Odd I get the test image but nothing else. Web server off for this testing.
Do I need a IP camera driver or agent or something.

Only been trying for short while so don;t think to do with not purchasing 2nd licence.

Thanks I/A
Greg Reed.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/24/2009 - 06:03 PM

Melvin, we're in sync Wink
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 03/24/2009 - 06:07 PM

Yeah, we are! I'm staying up "late" here to wait for the next beta Wink
Added: 03/24/2009 - 06:33 PM

Sorry to tell you that the 'minced' version does not work (yet).
Not sure if I can come back after diner to take care of this Undecided
Added: 03/24/2009 - 06:42 PM

Looks much better now - Release 2009-03-24 available in Issues
Added: 03/26/2009 - 04:28 PM

Hey Greg... did you try the sample code for window sizing I posted earlier? It's at the bottom of Page 2 of this thread.
Added: 03/28/2009 - 03:00 PM

Hi, Yes I did, many thanks for taking the time. Only managed quick attempt & got quite a nice screen size, however I do use firefox & although worked the status bar etc. gets in way a little but getting there. other PC issues at moment rather taking my time.
I did auto update to 27/3/09. This cause windows not to boot very well and then abelcam minimized and I could not get back open. Ended up removing (And ablecam config folder & starting again) Gone back to 23/3/09 (24/3/09 was OK but was happy with 23 for longest) Could have something to do with unrelated other PC issues but little suspicious.

When re-installing I have to tend to go back to 3.0 then install one after the other else get camera & other problems. Especially even with 2 licences listed correctly it says no more licences If I go straight to v23/3. Oddly when adding cam's it goes Web-Video1.. then Web-Video3 (Not sure where 2 went) although is cameras numbers 1,2 &3 OK. Somewhere I think it must think there was an old webvideo2. I have deleted the doc&settings/zeis/abelcam folder which I thought had all camera configs.

Anyway all working fine & looking forward to more fine tuning & html's.

Oddly on one PC starting 4cam.html on IE instantly closes down with no error, firefox says somthing about can't send command and closes. Other PC's still OK firefox & IE. Not changed any security settings?

Trying to set up hosting so I can use a name instead of xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:xxxx/
Any tips ref. ablecam?
Trying DynDNS.

Thanks again.
Added: 03/29/2009 - 10:50 PM

A few follow up questions, again.

When viewing using any of the java,javascript or silver options, after about 5 minutes they go back to the index. The cameras atill active & a simple click on javascript and it works again for another 5 minutes.
I have set the max number of jpegs to no limit & tried increasing but no change. I think the server is still running the xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080:current.jpg is still being, updated I guess it must be some sort of timeout on idle in the html itself but surprised same on all different formats, even silver. Same on firefox & IE.
It there something I can do to keep it running.

Also just in case others having similar problems I found when the PC goes into screen saver it locks up my USB logitech sphere, no problem, just switched SS off but took me a while to work it out.
Added: 03/30/2009 - 04:23 AM

For JavaScript and Silver you need to look in the respective index.html files for tags that look similar to this:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="300;url=/" >

Increase the number for longer time-out period, or delete the tag completely for no time-out. The time-out is intended as a defense against people parking on your site forever.

Are you positive the Java page is also redirecting back to the index? I've just experimented a little bit with the "stock" Java page and it didn't time-out/redirect, nor can I find any tags/code in it that look like time-out stuff. I would not expect to find time-out code in the Java page because Max Motion JPEG Frames setting in the cam configs takes care of stopping the stream after X frames.

To clarify:

"Motion JPEG" and MJPEG are 2 different terms for the same thing.

JavaScript and Silver "pull" individual JPEGs (not MJPEG stream!) and must redirect away to cut off the user's stream at time-out.

Java and Configurable Stream use a "pushed" MJPEG stream that is cut off by the server after X frames, unless No Limit is checked.

Screen Saver issue:

I thought that issue was a thing of the ancient past. Not sure why you would be encountering it now. Hmmm. All I can really say is that if you're using VideoCapX on that Sphere, try another interface. I don't believe I've ever heard of anyone having screen saver conflict with TyCapture or VisioForge before.