Announcements
Latest Topics

Issues with AbelCam through Remote Desktop
By: NikaL
Topics: 8
Added: 03/24/2009 - 11:53 PM

Dear all,

I am having issues using Abelcam over Remote Desktop:

1. The fading splash menu takes quite long to load - can it be either non-fading, or disabled?

2. When starting Abelcam over RDP (console-mode in WinXP) it generates an error:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Abelcam.frmTyCapture.?(Boolean )

When starting it over VNC it works fine, and then it can be configured fine too over RDP.

Regards,

Nika.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 03/25/2009 - 05:20 AM

Hello Nika

1) try starting AbelCam with the /nosplash parameter. This should supress the splash screen

2) Probably you are connecting some devices (audio?) from the remote computer to your local computer. This makes the device unavailable for AbelCam. Try using RDP with connecting just screen, mouse and keyboard.
By: NikaL
Topics: 8
Added: 03/25/2009 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, thanks! Both solved (/nosplash works and "leave sounds at remote computer" fixed it crashing with RDP)!!
By: BillA
Topics: 0
Added: 04/13/2009 - 03:55 AM

I have abelcam.exe in my Startup list. Adding the /nosplash parameter produces a "can't use /" error. I tried using quotes, but that didn't work either.
How should I add the parameter?
Thanks.
Bill
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 04/14/2009 - 10:49 PM

You may omit the slash, abelcam.exe nosplash will suppress the splash screen as well.