Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

.prx files?
By: MaxC
Topics: 5
Added: 04/11/2009 - 04:20 AM

I need to modify the streaming profiles but I am not finding the appropriate profiles in the Ablecam directories - or anywhere else for that matter. Suggestions would be appreciated.
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 04/11/2009 - 04:38 AM

AbelCam utilizes the "system" profiles, which are normally found in C:\windows\WMSysPr9.prx (or more accurately, %windir%\WMSysPr9.prx). This file can't be edited with the Profile Editor that's included with WMEnc-9, but I've had some luck editing it in notepad.

Edited to add: I'd be surprised if you couldn't find a suitable profile in the System Profiles, but if you absolutely have to have a custom profile you could try this: Remove your cam from the Device List. Then re-add it, but select VisioForge as your Capture Interface. VisioForge does things a bit differently than TyCapture or VideoCapX interfaces. For WMV streaming it uses the PRX files in AbelCam\data directory. These are WM-9 profiles, one profile per file, and CAN be edited with the WM-9 Profile Editor tool.

NOTE - I think you need to check "I am an AbelCam expert" in Configuration -> Options, then Save, then re-start AbelCam, before Capture Interface choice can be seen in the Add Camera dialog.
By: MaxC
Topics: 5
Added: 04/11/2009 - 11:44 PM

Thanks. That was what I suspected.