Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

How do I restore user interface ???
By: ChrisH
Topics: 19
Added: 08/01/2009 - 12:59 AM

Message has been edited, click here to see original content

I just purchased Pro thinking this might unlock and restore the interface so that I can add my camera, etc... so now I cant even add the pro-key. Im a newbie here so forgive me, but someone please help : )
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 08/01/2009 - 10:00 AM

I might not be understanding your issue correctly here... but if the problem is just that you don't have an AbelCam user interface on your screen to let you add the new cam, the solution is simple: don't run it as a service. Run it as an interactive application and do your config changes. When everything is the way you want it, go back to running as a service.
By: ChrisH
Topics: 19
Added: 08/01/2009 - 01:44 PM

The problem is that my new camera (Logitech Orbit AF) is not working or being picked up by Abelcam. I believe its because I never "added" it as a new camera as i did when I first did my older model Logitech AFX. Im going down the path of trying to add it BUT for the life of me I cannot get the interface back as when I first intalled the product. I tried modifying the config to UserInterface = Yes, I also tried stopping/uninstalling the AbelCam Service via the Abelcam > Tools > menu.... I even uninstalled AbelCam, reboot and reinstalled and its still there. See when I log into the AdminInterface via Web :8080, typically I get the option to put camera on/off but all I see there when I use OrbitAF is the ServerSettings so the camera is just not being recognized.

The Logitech Orbit AF does work with Abelcam, correct (Im running Vista)

Sorry for the long response but maybe this is a bit more clear as to where Im at. Thanks in advance for the help.
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 08/03/2009 - 09:34 AM

Popular demand: Service Tutorial