Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

Replacement WebCam?
By: ColinDa
Topics: 1
Added: 01/26/2015 - 01:31 PM

Hi, The inner workings of my Logitech Orbit/Sphere AF have died and it sadly looks at the floor now.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a similar replacement as this model doesn't appear to be available any longer in the UK. Preferably USB & PTZ.

Thanks for any information anyone can provide.

Colin
By: MelvinG
Topics: 661
Added: 02/01/2015 - 09:35 AM

The only USB + motorized PTZ camera that I'm aware of being still in production is the Chinese cam generically called "USB 2.0 Motor Tracking Camera". They are sold online badged with numerous different brand names, including: "InSight Innovations Motion Tracking Camera", "GearHead PTZ Camera", "Typhoon", and so forth.

I personally have one that's badged "Typhoon" and another on badged "GearHead". They both have the same Chinese guts, the exteriors are very similar to one another but not identical; color & trim differ.

They work fine with the latest AbelCam running on an old XP box. Can't comment about Win7 or Win8.1 as I have not tried them on those OSes.

They are IMO "adequate" cameras but not "fantastic". The motorized Pan/Tilt works fine and is actually smoother and quieter than my Orbits. The video resolution is not as good as the Orbit but it's not horrible. If all you want is 640x480 it should be okay.

Here's a link to a picture of a typical specimen of this camera at a site that doesn;t seem to have them anymore... Angry

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=IC825C

EDIT: fixed link
By: DomenicoS
Topics: 59
Added: 02/14/2015 - 11:59 AM

I also look for next cam after Logitech Orbit/Sphere AF.
I think AbelCam works also with IP cams but didnt have chance to test them..

I wos looking at Foscam FI9826W or FI9831P