Quick Search:
Quick Jump:

Announcements
Latest Topics

[Solved] License Problems
By: JosephL
Topics: 2
Added: 11/27/2007 - 12:48 AM

I can only get Abelcam to run one camera.. even though I have 3 licenses.

Why would this be?

Any help appreciated!

Joe
By: sse
Topics: 73
Added: 01/02/2008 - 09:00 AM

I can confirm that moving configuration and licenses from one computer to the next won't be a problem.
You may copy the whole configuration folder over to the new computer.
Devices might need some adjusting (mainly the PTZ part), but most of the configuration will survive unchanged.

If you want to run three cameras, you'll have to buy one AbelCam Pro license and two camera licenses.

By: RobertH
Topics: 12
Added: 01/08/2008 - 09:18 PM

I just purchased a Pro Licences and two camera licences. I followed the steps came with the email of the licences to install the two additional cameras. AbelCam kept on saying no licences available after the first one.

When I looked into the configurations folder, I can see the two text files on the licences numbers - one on the pro licence and one on the two cameras. Please help as I like to have it ready in about one week's time.

HELP.
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 01/08/2008 - 09:56 PM

Have you had a look at this in the documentation?
It may help you
Andrew
Added: 01/08/2008 - 10:02 PM

Yes I see the documentation, I finally used
camera license = xxxxxxxxxx for each line of the two camera licenses.
The "camlicense.txt" file shows only two cameras' licenses. I do not see the camera license that comes with Pro. What happened to the camera license that comes with Pro?

Added: 01/08/2008 - 10:03 PM

I got two licenses working but not 3.
By: AndrewG
Topics: 172
Added: 01/08/2008 - 10:17 PM

The Pro one is just there, you don't need to put it anywhere else. If you go to the web tab and above the save button (in the bottom right). What does it read there? Should be something like:
Abelcam 2.X.X Pro
Licenced to your name
Y cameras

Could post your X and Y values please?
Added: 01/08/2008 - 11:31 PM

Robert, send me your camlicense.txt and license.txt and I will have a look at it.

You'll find the files in the config folder.

See also the support page

Thank you, Andrew Kiss Wink
Added: 01/09/2008 - 02:02 AM

Here are the contents in the two files:

---------------------------------------------------
License Holder = Robert Hum
License Key = oj1n-5zuz-7tgt-2lgo-1cs3
---------------------------------------------------

Camera License = ZRKY-AEUV-ZZXW-ZGZZ-CVEX
Camera License = XZVU-DVBY-VEUV-IBFZ-EZKX

I hope posting this is OK.
Added: 01/09/2008 - 07:42 AM

I hope posting this is OK.
AngryShocked of course posting licenses in the forum is not OK.
I had to disable your licenses.

Robert, you did not only share your license keys in a public forum, you also ignored the instructions that came with the licenses.

They clearly stated that you should copy the camera licenses including the dashed lines into the entry field.

I assumed that the instructions provided with the license and the URLs to the help file showing the image of a camera license entry field would help to avoid problems like yours, as we had enough threads like this one in this forum.

Even the JosephLs post above your question dated Dec 14th writes that adding the line feeds cured the camera license problem.

Can you please tell me how I can improve the instructions in the license email to make them completely fool proof Huh?

By: RonaldRu
Topics: 14
Added: 02/25/2010 - 05:45 PM

From AndrewG:
I transfered my licences over from my laptop to my server almost a year ago to the day. That wasn't a problem, If don't believe anything has changed since then. Abelcam isn't like OEM XP or Vista that gets locked to a computer. As long as you don't run Abelcam on both desktop and laptop at the same time it should be fine. Sse will confirm this I'm sure. Do you mean 3 camera licences? In your first post you say 3 moniter your first webcam doesn't need a licence it's covered by your free/pro. I'm not sure if you can run more than one camera on a free licence though, agian see could confirm or disprove this.

How did you transfer your licences? I would like to do that also.